The Panov Estate

The Panov Estate


Welcome to the Panov Estate – a complex of historical buildings located in the center of the medieval Uzhhorod.

In 2014, our family announced the launch of the program named “Renaissance of the Castle Hill”, the main mission of which was to restore architectural pearls and give them a new life in modern conditions.

Such approaches to development make it possible to return to the oldest corner of Uzhhorod its central importance on the city map..

Currently, six projects on renovation and creation of new tourist destinations have been successfully implemented.

slider image slider image slider image slider image

Villa P

Вілла П

Villa P is an aristocratic residence in the historical center of the thousand-year-old city of Uzhgorod, opposite the medieval Castle.

It was built of stone and brick in 1691 by the Hungarian noble family Ladanyi, on the site of the parish house of the oldest Roman Catholic church in the city, located nearby.  During the years of Uzhgorod being a part of Hungary, Austria-Hungary, and Czechoslovakia, it changed several owners: according to the 1863 census, it belonged to the Sipos family, later it was owned by the Greek Catholic Church – the residence of the rector of the teachers' seminary was located here.  After the Second World War, during the Soviet era, the church was banned.  However, for some time, religious rites were held in the ancient cellars of Villa P.  Later, the church property was confiscated and turned into a "communal house".  This was the period of greatest decline of the building – it was almost destroyed.

In 2011, Villa P became the property of the Panov family.  It was decided to carry out a complete restoration with maximum preservation of authenticity both in the architectural image and in the functional purpose of the building.  This was the first project within the framework of the "Renaissance of Castle Hill" concept, which aims to renovate manors in the historical center of Uzhgorod, the author of which is Alen Panov, Doctor of Philosophy, lawyer, and diplomat.  In 2013, after a complete restoration, the first boutique hotel in the city, Villa P., opened its doors.

At Villa P you will find 8 comfortable apartments with an individual interior.  Each room contains natural wooden furniture from Transcarpathian white beech, made to order, as well as paintings painted especially for Villa P. Salon of Three Portraits, with an ancient tiled stove, spacious halls, authentic masonry elements and spiral staircases, the rooms are guaranteed to transport you to the atmosphere of an aristocratic residence of past centuries.

The real highlight of Villa P is its wine cellars, which have been preserved in their original form since the foundation

3D tour:

Villa P photo-1
Villa P photo-2
Villa P photo-3
Villa P photo-4
Villa P photo-5
Villa P photo-6
Villa P photo-7
Villa P photo-8
Villa P photo-9
Villa P photo-10
Villa P photo-11
Villa P photo-12
Villa P photo-13
Villa P photo-14
Villa P photo-15
Villa P photo-16
Villa P photo-17
Villa P photo-18
Villa P photo-19
Villa P photo-20
Villa P photo-21
Villa P photo-22
Villa P photo-23
Villa P photo-24
Villa P photo-25
Villa P photo-26
Villa P photo-27

Austro-Hungarian Mansion

Austro-Hungarian Mansion

The Residence, built in 1691 by the Hungarian noble family Tabodi, is located opposite the Uzhhorod Castle, within the area of the oldest Roman Catholic Church, which was built in the 14th century and dismantled in 1613. During its existence, several times it underwent reconstructions and rebuilding.

The building acquired its current appearance in the second half of the 19th century during the Austro-Hungarian period. The uniqueness of the building, besides its location, lies in the presence of a rounded corner part with a gallery-like loggia. Owing to this architectural solution, almost all windows offer an exclusive breathtaking panoramic view of the Uzhhorod Castle, which can only be seen from this building.

In the 20th century, the building was converted into a "communal apartment" and was completely abandoned. In 2018, it was decided to renovate the building and bring back its original appearance. The author of the idea was a well-known Uzhhorod diplomat, lawyer and public figure Alen Panov. This was the third successful project of the private initiative "Renaissance of the Castle Hill" implemented by the Panov family.

Now there is a restaurant-inn "Ugorskiy Dvir" ("Hungarian Yard") with an original interior, Austro-Hungarian dishes and Transcarpathian cuisine. On the ground floor there are theme halls like "Budapest", "Vienna" and "Uzhgorod", and upstairs there is a beer tavern with a branded craft beer.

3D tour:

Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-1
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-2
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-3
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-4
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-5
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-6
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-7
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-8
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-9
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-10
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-11
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-12
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-13
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo-14
Austro-Hungarian Mansion photo

The Priest’s House

The Priest’s House

The old house was built at the end of the 17th century. At that time it was in common ownership of the noble Lazar and G families. Subsequently, the owners of the building were hierarchs of the Greek Catholic Church, in particular the Canon (one of the leaders of the diocese) of the famous Uzhhorod Roshkovich family.

It has a unique, sculptured, neo-baroque facade that has always been one of the main Uzhhorod's landmarks, but was almost completely destroyed in the early 21st century. Paradoxically, this event occurred when the building housed a sculptor's workshop, along with two communal apartments. The house was restored by the Panov family, as a part of the concept of "Renaissance of the Castle Hill" in 2019, authored by Alen Panov, a well-known Uzhhorod diplomat, lawyer, scientist.

Today there is a winery with a museum of winemaking, which has a centuries-old history in Transcarpathia.

3D tour:

The Priest’s House photo-0
The Priest’s House photo-1
The Priest’s House photo-2
The Priest’s House photo-3
The Priest’s House photo-4
The Priest’s House photo-5
The Priest’s House photo-6
The Priest’s House photo-7
The Priest’s House photo-8
The Priest’s House photo-9
The Priest’s House photo-10
The Priest’s House photo-11
The Priest’s House photo-12

Maria Theresia Garden Square

Maria Theresia Garden Square

The idea of establishment belongs to Uzhgorod diplomat, lawyer and public figure Alen Panov. It was presented to public in May 2013, supported by Most Reverend Milan the bishop of Mukachevo Greek Catholic eparchy.

The construction of the Garden Square was aimed to serve the following:

1) Arrangement of the territory in order to provide the panoramic view of The Cathedral

2) Immortalization of Maria-Theresia and other historical figures that mostly contributed to the development of the Castle Quarter

The Private Garden Square is named after the Empress of Holy Roman Empire, Queen of Hungary and Archduchess of Austria Maria-Theresia Habsburg-Lothringen (1717-1780). Her queen hood became one of the most meaningful periods for the city formation. During that time Uzhgorod grew into a regional center. The location became the capital of newly founded Greek Catholic eparchy that united some of Counties of ancient Zakarpattya. The Maria-Theresia monument by Bohdan Tomashevskyi is its central figure.

The Pantheon of Castle Quarter" (artist - Mykhailo and Nataliya Tesovskyi; designers - Ivan and Anna Ivanysh, landscape designer – Victor Meshko, works supervisor Mykhailo Sobran) represents effigies of people who in the course of urban development made a significant contribution for the oldest part of Uzhgorod to get the present look.
Among them:
Szent István (967-1038), the first Hungarian King that accepted Christianity and laid the foundations of the state. During his reign the Castle became the center of newly founded Ung County – the territorial unit that existed for more than 1000 years long.

Charles Robert (1288-1342), the Hungarian King born in Naples. He belonged to the famous French dynasty of Anjou that governed in many European states. It was him who handed Uzhgorod next to Drugeth.

Philip Druget (?1290-1327) – the count, nearest ally of Carl Robert, palatine of Hungary. An Italian of French Provence origin who laid the Druget dynasty that owned Uzhgorod for over 350 years. Uzhgorod Castle received its modern look during the reign of this dynasty.

Miklós Bercsényi (1665-1725) – the count, one of the most known owners of the Uzhgorod Castle. He turned the city into the important political and cultural center of Middle Europe.

Andrii Bachynskiy (1732-1809) – the first full competent Greek-catholic bishop who turned Uzhgorod into the center of diocese. His activity laid down to the foundation for the powerful development of the city as the diocese started to manage the Uzhgorod Castle and whole Castle Quarter.

Founding of the Garden Square was a private initiative carried out thanks to the efforts of founders and patrons of art: the Panov family.

3D tour:

Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-1
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-2
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-3
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-4
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-5
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-6
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-7
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-8
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-9
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-10
Maria Theresia Garden Square photo-11

The Royal Chapel

The Royal Chapel

The Chapel was built on the site of the oldest in Uzhhorod Roman Catholic Church of the 14th century. In 1613 this church was dismantled. It was rebuilt in 2023 by the Panov family using medieval technologies made of natural stone. Today, along with prayer services, social events take place here.

The Royal Chapel photo-1
The Royal Chapel photo-2
The Royal Chapel photo-3
The Royal Chapel photo-4

Uzhmed Clinic

Uzhmed Clinic

The clinic was built in 2010 in the style of the brick architecture of Turin, Italy.

Today, it houses a diagnostic center and a polyclinic that provides medical services in the following areas:

Treatment of varicose veins
Ultrasound diagnostics
Vascular surgery
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)

The main principle of the Uzhmed Medical Center is an individual approach to each patient, which allows to provide an exceptional quality of medical services. The main feature of the medical center is the professionalism of our specialists. Our doctors have become family doctors for many Transcarpathian families, that shows a high level of trust from patients.

ВЕБ сайт:

Uzhmed Clinic photo-1
Uzhmed Clinic photo-2
Uzhmed Clinic photo-3
Uzhmed Clinic photo-4
Uzhmed Clinic photo-5
Uzhmed Clinic photo-6
Uzhmed Clinic photo-7
Uzhmed Clinic photo-8
Uzhmed Clinic photo-9
Uzhmed Clinic photo-10
Uzhmed Clinic photo-11
Uzhmed Clinic photo-12
Uzhmed Clinic photo-13